Monday, November 17, 2008

Vegas

I have to admit that as a native Nevadan, I've never thought Las Vegas was anything special. In fact, Brian and I have always made a point to avoid the city when we are in the area in favor of climbing and bouldering in Red Rock Canyon west of town. But a recent trip to Sin City with my mom and daughter has changed my mind.

Myelle and I had the opportunity to meet my mom is Vegas, spend a few days in a Circus Circus hotel room and visit my sister-in-law Melanie and nephew Kaden in Pahrump. Work was slow, so it was the perfect time for Myelle and I to hop on an airplane (it was only about $50 each way!!!) for a little vacay. We whooped it up, I tell you what! And it was really great to see Mel and Kaden.


We sampled various buffets (Mandalay Bay had the best we tried), went to Shark Reef Aquarium, saw lions at the MGM Grand (poor lions), went swimming, got lost in the Forum shops, and went to Seigfriend and Roy's Secret Garden. I've never had so much fun in Vegas!


1 comment:

annie said...

hello little nevadan! (i hope that's how you spell it.) so great to see all your pictures. myelle is getting so big! what a cutie. i've taken your link off my blog, btw. so "your name's safe with me". i'll be sure to keep in touch though. sure love you and miss ya. krd 999 clear.