Sunday, October 25, 2009

Giving-Mommy-a-Break Hike

I've been wanting to get out with the kids for a hike. Today was a gorgeous day and we had to spend some time outside. Claudia was in dire need of a nap and some quiet time around the house. So off I went with both kids in tow. What a great time we had! Jack did really well, even when his bare bumb was exposed to the chilly fall air for a diaper change. Myelle hiked the entire way to and from the lake...what a big girl!
Claudia thinks it looks like I should have watches in there instead of a sleeping baby.
On the way up.
Myelle asked me if she could "sing a song so Jack can sleep?". I only thought of getting the camera out after quite a while of this. Jack felt the need to sing along too.

Our destination. Bells Canyon Reservoir

Forgive all the following pictures...we just couldn't decide which we like best. Actually we did...we like all of them so here they are.
Jack is happy to be at the lake too!
Prescious!!
Note big sister pouring sand into the lake.
Mining rocks to throw in.
Taking a break from our descent.
What a great afternoon we had! We ended up hiking for 3 hours! Next time Mommy is coming with us.

No comments: