Tuesday, August 3, 2010

San Diego

This picture has nothing to do with San Diego but is very cute.
Every year ESRI (GIS software company) holds and international user conference in San Diego. This year Claudia and I worked it out to attend and have Oma and Maggie come visit and watch the kids while we were gone. It was quite the experience for us all! Thank you so much to Maggie and Oma for being here with the kids! 7 nights without children! What a gift!

Lone Star...a must when Oma's in town.
I did my best to wear out the kids the day we left. Our flight was around 9 at night so we had plenty of time to get to the swimming pool. What do you think? Did I succeed?
San Diego!
We got in late on a Friday. Claudia had a pre-conference seminar Saturday so I spent the day wondering around the city and some really cool old ships. Sunday we had the day to ourselves and took a water taxi across the bay to Coronodo. We layed on the beach and enjoyed just being there. We did miss the kids a little bit...they would have loved it!

At the beach.

Here we are on the ferry ride back. The USS Midway in the background.
Our last day there we skipped the closing conference stuff and rented a boat on the bay. This was one of the coolest things we did while there. Such a neat way to tour the bay. We saw Navy dolphins in training, sea lions and more birds than I can name. We also rubbed shoulders with bit oil tankers. Very cool.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

What! NO photos of the sunburn!