Introducing the newest member of our family. Jack!
Last Friday Claudia called me at work at about 11 a.m. to let me know that she believed she was in the early stages of labor and had been since about 2:30 a.m. We determined that there wasn't any reason for me to run home as it could be several hours before the baby came. At around 10:30 p.m. that evening we started really paying attention to the time between and length of contractions. By 11:30 p.m. we decided that if things kept progressing the way they had been it was time to head to the hospital. They checked us in and did all the usual stuff, monitors, gown....then things seemed to slow down. Contractions were 5-7 mins apart and that wasn't enough to keep us in the hospital so at 2:00 a.m. (Saturday) we were sent home. At this point I had been up since 5:20 Friday morning and ridden my bike around 30 miles...I was tired. And not to mention Claudia had been in early labor for 24 hours...she was tired too!
At 2:32 a.m. I looked at the clock as my head hit the pillow. 4:18 a.m. I was awoken by Claudia smacking me in the chest as she breathed through a CONTRACTION. We waited a bit to make sure this was the real deal....it was hard labor and we were off to the hospital! It was on now!5:30 a.m. we're at the hospital. 8:30 pushing begins. 10:15 and Jack is brought into the world! As many of you know Myelle was born by c-section but Jack was not. Claudia did such an amazing job! My hat is off to all women for what they go through to bring us into the world.
Jack moments after birth
I know we have done this before but everything about our second child has been different. The main thing being, we already have a kid. Myelle has been quite excited most of the pregnancy about having a baby brother. When she walked into the room she was totally focused on Jack. I could see so much curiosity on her face and all of a sudden she looked so BIG! Her introduction was really cute...she wanted to see his tummy and feet. Then she wanted to go eat some Yogos ( I think she was just trying to play it cool).
Myelle also played an integral role in naming Jack. We had considered the name since before we were even pregnant. As the pregnancy progressed and we learned it was a boy we discussed many names. Any time Myelle was within ear shot of a name conversation she would butt right in and proclaim that the "baby boy's name is Jack." How could we name him anything else? Even if we did pass over Jack she would have still called him that. So it's a good thing mom and dad agreed and that his name is Jack.
A whole other story. Yes Jack was jaundice (high bilirubin count - i.e. dead red blood cells) and needed some photolight therapy to help him get over it. It all looks worse that it really is. After being on lights at home for a day then another 15 hour stint at Primary Children's Jack is back home and doing great!
3 comments:
Yay!!! I get to be the first to say CONGRATULATIONS on your blog. Way to go, guys. He looks like a handsome little dude. And I totally relate about the older wsibling suddenly seeming big (and heavy!). For about the first month I kept wondering why I had never noticed before that Noah had such an enormous head. Now that baby is getting bigger, he seems more normal to me, though. :)
Anyway, we're excited for you guys!!! Welcome, Jack!
Thanks for the pics!!! He looks great. Great job Claud and Brian!
Oh Wow! Congratulations! Way to go Claud! I think it's simply amazing that you had a VBAC!
It kinda looks like he has red hair...but maybe all babies look that way right when they arrive. But, red hair wouldn't be so bad :)
Enjoy that little one...they grow so fast!
Post a Comment