Oh, there just aren't many places we love more than City of Rocks. We headed out for a family climbing trip with the Wilsons this past weekend. (Be sure to follow the link to Lindsey's blog...she really captured the trip well.) A couple of two-year olds, downpours, hail, and the Reserve's 20th-year celebration made the trip interesting. But there were also some of the best brats ever cooked on a campfire, some perfect weather, Myelle's first 'real' climb, stars, fresh air, and great company. To top it all off, we made it home in 2 hours 40 minutes on Sunday. A new record!! Some pix...
Ari was all smiles for Brian.
Myelle preparing to climb on what she named 'Turtle Rock' Playing trucks at the base of Bath Rock
The process of perfecting a toddler harness continues...Me nearing the crux of Private Idaho
Myelle singing and posing with Brian in the Twin Sisters area
Lunchtime at the base of Elephant Rock
The view from our campsite Myelle sitting in the dirt making a 'birthday', which we all ended up 'eating'
2 comments:
I just couldn't stop smiling the whole time I looked at these. How I wish we could live in the City...of Rocks. You guys are great...and YES we need to swap photos...and plan our next trip.
that looked like a fun outing! I'm amazed you are able to keep all those little ones corralled during an outing like that!
Post a Comment