It's true. I cried every first day of school until my junior year of college--the second junior year. I even had the same teacher from 1st to 4th grade (it was a tiny two-room schoolhouse). Didn't make any difference. I guess I was just utterly overwhelmed by everything I needed to accomplish that schoolyear.
That all came flooding back to me today.
Our little sweetie at the ripe ol' age of 2 years 3 months had her first day of school today! Her teacher said she stopped crying shortly after I left her. I cried the whole 2 hours and 45 minutes I was at work. I'm still not done.
When I picked Myelle up, she ran to me very excited, gave me a big hug and said very sweetly, "Oh, I missed you SOOOO much, Mommy!" And of course that made me cry. This first day of school stuff is killer.
At any rate, I think our little preschooler is pretty stoked about the whole thing. She's attending a small preschool for kids ages 3-5 (I guess the age thing isn't terribly concrete) that's located between our house and my work, and very affordable. It came highly recommended by a friend, and I felt good about it from the moment I took Myelle in to check it out. After waking up every morning and asking to go to church to play with the kids for the last month, I do suppose she's ready. Now if I can just get through those first day of school jitters everyone will be just fine.
~Claudia
3 comments:
I just had my first day of kindergarten with my oldest. Not fun, but I am actually loving the time I have to get stuff done. Your doll is way too cute!!
I also hated the first day of school. I always felt so overwhelmed! And in college it just got worse because each semester had a first day... grrr. But Myelle will be fine. Three hours two days a week is perfect for an independent little girl who loves her new backpack. Glad she also kept the leaf stickers on the wall. It looks great.
i hate the first day of school, even college too. i get all jittery and nervous and sick to my stomach, so i know how it is. i bet she was having a great time though. it's always harder for the moms, i guess. it'll get better...i guess. i have yet to experience the whole sending kids off the school thing. 2 more years.
Post a Comment